GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   night crawler egg casing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/196385-night-crawler-egg-casing.html)

songbird[_2_] 13-04-2011 06:16 PM

night crawler egg casing

i think i finally found one
in the buckets as it is much
larger. 7mm instead of 3mm.

now i have to wait for it
to hatch to see how long the
hatchlings are. :)

songbird

Brooklyn1 13-04-2011 09:27 PM

night crawler egg casing

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 13:16:28 -0400, songbird
wrote:

i think i finally found one
in the buckets as it is much
larger. 7mm instead of 3mm.

now i have to wait for it
to hatch to see how long the
hatchlings are. :)

Must be night crawler season here in the Catskills, there were three
huge ones that slipped into my garage and plenty outdoors everywhere I
looked.

Soren Fledger 14-04-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by songbird[_2_] (Post 917759)
i think i finally found one
in the buckets as it is much
larger. 7mm instead of 3mm.

now i have to wait for it
to hatch to see how long the
hatchlings are. :)

songbird

Are you not supposed to get rid of these night crawlers while they're eggs yet so as not to be bothered when they hatch and create lumps on your soil? I'm confused at what you actually get from these worms.