GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What Can I Do To Help My Conifer? (Pic attached) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/196513-what-can-i-do-help-my-conifer-pic-attached.html)

tyzer 22-04-2011 05:22 PM

What Can I Do To Help My Conifer? (Pic attached)

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

As you can see in my photo below, my Conifer is looking a little sorry for itself.

The top half is fine, but the bottom half on the front is dead. The back is fine.

What would you guys recommend i do with it?

Will it grow back and look green all over ever again?

Thanks in advance for any help.

lannerman 25-04-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyzer (Post 918610)
Hi,

As you can see in my photo below, my Conifer is looking a little sorry for itself.

The top half is fine, but the bottom half on the front is dead. The back is fine.

What would you guys recommend i do with it?

Will it grow back and look green all over ever again?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Tyzer. No, it wont grow back ! looks suspiciously like its been scorched by something ?? was there something growing infront of it maybe ??
I think you have only a few options, one is to grow something infront of it to cover the bare bits ! another option is to carefully removes the dead branches and train the green top bit into ball ?? Or, remove it completely and plant something else ! Sorry, I cant be more helpful but it looks to me like its 'had it'. best wishes, Lannerman