GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Castor Oil Seedlings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/196607-castor-oil-seedlings.html)

coykiesaol 26-04-2011 08:19 AM

Castor Oil Seedlings

I planted some castor oil seeds (3 types) 10 days ago, over the last 2 days they have germinated and although they are in good light they have immediately developed 2-4" stems between the base and the seed leaves; although they appear leggy they are quite sturdy. Should I just let them develop as they are or can they buried deeper when planted on like some other seeds, or would they rot?

I successfully grew some last year, but they didn't grow as tall as these at this stage??

jellybean stonerfish 26-04-2011 03:11 PM

A couple of leafy questions

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 07:19:07 +0000, coykiesaol wrote:

Does anybody know what this is.
My Bangladeshi neighbour grew it before he left 10 yrs ago and its still
self seeding all over the place.
Tastes a bit like chlorophyll, and thats all.

Is there a picture someplace you could link to?