GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Unknown plant in garden (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/196917-unknown-plant-garden.html)

Chris[_14_] 11-05-2011 01:42 PM

Unknown plant in garden

Hi all

I am in Rockaway, NY (part of New York City) and I just dug this guy
(along with a few siblings) out from my broccoli patch. Any help on an
ID?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6274006...in/photostream

Thanks,

Chris

Erkki Aalto[_2_] 11-05-2011 01:44 PM

Unknown plant in garden

Chris wrote:
: Hi all

: I am in Rockaway, NY (part of New York City) and I just dug this guy
: (along with a few siblings) out from my broccoli patch. Any help on an
: ID?

: http://www.flickr.com/photos/6274006...in/photostream

Looks like a Lilium.

--
Erkki 'Örkki' Aalto "Life is divided up into
Internet: the horrible and the miserable"

Amos Nomore 11-05-2011 08:14 PM

Unknown plant in garden

In article ,
Erkki Aalto wrote:

Chris wrote:
: Hi all

: I am in Rockaway, NY (part of New York City) and I just dug this guy
: (along with a few siblings) out from my broccoli patch. Any help on an
: ID?

: http://www.flickr.com/photos/6274006...in/photostream

Looks like a Lilium.

Fritillaria is a possibility, too. I would pot one up and find out,
just for kicks. Could be a keeper.

Nelly 11-05-2011 09:02 PM

Unknown plant in garden

"Amos Nomore" wrote in message

In article ,
Erkki Aalto wrote:

Chris wrote:
: Hi all

: I am in Rockaway, NY (part of New York City) and I just dug this guy
: (along with a few siblings) out from my broccoli patch. Any help on an
: ID?

: http://www.flickr.com/photos/6274006...in/photostream

Looks like a Lilium.

Fritillaria is a possibility, too. I would pot one up and find out,
just for kicks. Could be a keeper.

That possibility crossed my mind too. I've never grown them, but I'd guess
that if it had a strong smell that should give it away?