GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   identification please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/197840-identification-please.html)

karaman 31-05-2011 03:49 AM

identification please

4 Attachment(s)
hallo,

what are these things please? and is this giant grub harmful to my veg or not?

thanks

karaman

gardenlen[_2_] 31-05-2011 05:40 PM

identification please

proabably not much help karaman,

google searches might help or you nearest nursery.

top to botom:

looks like a plant we call the beef steak plant

yep looks like a weed we get here so look for common weeds in your
search.

being a grub no matter it will eat the foliage of you plants most
preffer vege's

no good with flowers

told you i was of littel help hey have a nice day

On Tue, 31 May 2011 02:49:07 +0000, karaman
wrote:

snipped
--

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

and also: Isaiah 38:1&17-18 KJV

1: Thus saith the Lord, set thine house in order: for thou shalt die and not live.
17: for thou hast cast all my sins behind my back.
18: For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down in the pit cannot hope for truth.

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Seek truth and understanding will follow"

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

FarmI 01-06-2011 08:02 AM

identification please

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
karaman said:

hallo,

what are these things please? and is this giant grub harmful to my veg
or not?

The purple plant looks like it could be some sort of Amaranthus.

I was wondering if it was Orach, aka mountain spinach. It's been some time
since I've grown it so will defer to others on ID.

photoflasher 15-06-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karaman (Post 924871)
hallo,

what are these things please? and is this giant grub harmful to my veg or not?

thanks

karaman

The first picture is of Love Lies Bleeding