GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Best cut flower! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/197924-best-cut-flower.html)

Higgs Boson 02-06-2011 07:03 PM

Best cut flower!

A while back I posted an "ID this plant" query. It was identified by
you nice people as "Godetia".

This has been the most prolific, most long-lasting, most outright
gorgeous flower in my garden. It just won't quit!

HB

Drobium 10-06-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson (Post 925252)
A while back I posted an "ID this plant" query. It was identified by
you nice people as "Godetia".

This has been the most prolific, most long-lasting, most outright
gorgeous flower in my garden. It just won't quit!

HB

If you've done well with Godetias you should also have a look out next spring for 'Clarkia', these are the same family as Godetias but they tend to grow much taller (around 2-2 1/2 feet) and they will flower their socks off for months!
And because they have longer more erect stems, they make excellent cut flowers!