GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Compost! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/197927-compost.html)

Chris[_14_] 03-06-2011 12:53 AM

Compost!

I am loving life here. The local supermarkets have, over the last
couple of years, taken to putting a large waste can next to the corn
bin, lined with a plastic bag. The customers shuck their corn right
there and throw the husks into the bag. I come around when I can and
tell the guys I will take the bags and they are all too happy to be
relieved of one more "trash" bag!

Now, if only I had a shredder....

Chris

Even without a shredder, corn husks are golden in the composter-
almost as good as pea or bean plants.