GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Peonies (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/198052-peonies.html)

Freckles[_5_] 08-06-2011 06:54 AM

Peonies

I have 8 Peonies, I planted them all this Spring and they are about a foot
tall. They were all doing great. Then two days ago I fertilized and watered
all of them.

One of the plants seems to be wilting, but the others look healthy and
happy.

Any ideas why one plants would react so differently?

Thanks,

Freckles

David E. Ross[_2_] 08-06-2011 03:42 PM

Peonies

On 6/7/11 10:54 PM, Freckles wrote:
I have 8 Peonies, I planted them all this Spring and they are about a foot
tall. They were all doing great. Then two days ago I fertilized and watered
all of them.

One of the plants seems to be wilting, but the others look healthy and
happy.

Any ideas why one plants would react so differently?

Thanks,

Freckles

Was the soil already damp around the wilted plant BEFORE you fed it? If
not, you might have burned its roots.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

echinosum 08-06-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freckles[_5_] (Post 925965)
I have 8 Peonies, I planted them all this Spring and they are about a foot
tall. They were all doing great. Then two days ago I fertilized and watered
all of them.

One of the plants seems to be wilting, but the others look healthy and
happy.

Any ideas why one plants would react so differently?

Maybe a lot of fertiliser fell close to that plant and it got poisoned by an excess of it?