GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help to identify tree/shrub/bush? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/198055-help-identify-tree-shrub-bush.html)

duirc 08-06-2011 11:35 AM

Help to identify tree/shrub/bush?

Hi, dont know whether my photo has uploaded .. the bush/tree I'm trying to identify is popular to deter intruders, has long opposite leaves that are prickly , the leaves are green and in summer turn reddish in parts and the fruit (berries) are out now and hang like grapes and are blackish blue. Sorry if the photo hasnt uploaded and am grateful for any replies

duirc 08-06-2011 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by duirc (Post 925972)
Hi, dont know whether my photo has uploaded .. the bush/tree I'm trying to identify is popular to deter intruders, has long opposite leaves that are prickly , the leaves are green and in summer turn reddish in parts and the fruit (berries) are out now and hang like grapes and are blackish blue. Sorry if the photo hasnt uploaded and am grateful for any replies

Think I managed to upload it now, was a size problem

echinosum 08-06-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duirc (Post 925973)
Think I managed to upload it now, was a size problem

Mahonia, alias Oregon grape.

FarmI 09-06-2011 05:44 AM

"duirc" wrote in message

duirc;925972 Wrote:
Hi, dont know whether my photo has uploaded .. the bush/tree I'm trying
to identify is popular to deter intruders,

Mahonia

duirc 10-06-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echinosum (Post 925976)
Mahonia, alias Oregon grape.

Ah .. thanks a lot! :)