GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Broccoli and space and heat (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/198161-broccoli-space-heat.html)

Chris[_14_] 11-06-2011 12:54 AM

Broccoli and space and heat

I am really limited in my garden space. I had 4 broccoli plants who's
heads I harvested a couple days ago, since the heat wave here was
making them bolt. Will the side-shoots also bolt even if the temp
drops? This heat is supposed to break on Monday. If everything is
going to flower, I want to get what I can out of them and yank them
and make room for something else (I have beans raring to go).

Thanks,

Chris