GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flower ID please? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/198787-flower-id-please.html)

richardbees 10-07-2011 09:16 PM

Flower ID please?

It's a small perreneal shrub - the flower is a bit antirhinum looking.

Can anybody help?

richard

Billy[_10_] 10-07-2011 10:56 PM

Flower ID please?

In article ,
richardbees wrote:

[image:
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/p.../HPIM0537.jpg]

It's a small perreneal shrub - the flower is a bit antirhinum looking.

Can anybody help?

richard

Don't suppose you could give us a decent picture?
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 10-07-2011 10:58 PM

Flower ID please?

richardbees wrote:
[image:
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/p.../HPIM0537.jpg]

It's a small perreneal shrub - the flower is a bit antirhinum looking.

Can anybody help?

richard

I can't see enough to tell. A larger close-up image would be better if in
focus. Do you mean the plant at the front or the back?

David

mleblanca 11-07-2011 01:22 AM

Flower ID please?

On Jul 10, 1:16*pm, richardbees richardbees.
wrote:
[image:http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/p.../HPIM0537.jpg]

It's a small perreneal shrub - the flower is a bit antirhinum looking.

Can anybody help?

richard

--
richardbees

Looks like a Salvia........maybe 'Hot Lips' ?
mle

richardbees 11-07-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mleblanca (Post 929819)
wrote:
[image:http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/p.../HPIM0537.jpg]

It's a small perreneal shrub - the flower is a bit antirhinum looking.

Can anybody help?

richard

--
richardbees

Looks like a Salvia........maybe 'Hot Lips' ?
mle

Sorry it's such a bad photo, I'll post another tonight.

It looks like Salvia hot lips-

theloonybin 11-07-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardbees (Post 929855)
Sorry it's such a bad photo, I'll post another tonight.

It looks like Salvia hot lips-

Is the foilage scented?

Nelly 12-07-2011 04:29 AM

Climber ID Please!

"theloonybin" wrote in message

sambucus;929905 Wrote:
Looks like a passionflower to me

Thanks! I'll try and find an image online.

====
Here's a Passiflora with similar leaves:
http://www.sbs.utexas.edu/bio406d/im..._incarnata.htm

theloonybin 12-07-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelly (Post 929974)

sambucus;929905 Wrote:
Looks like a passionflower to me

Thanks! I'll try and find an image online.

====
Here's a Passiflora with similar leaves:
Passiflora incarnata

Thanks! it's got to be it!

Nelly 12-07-2011 04:30 PM

Flower ID please?

sambucus;929905 Wrote:-
Looks like a passionflower to me-

Thanks! I'll try and find an image online.

====
Here's a Passiflora with similar leaves:
'Passiflora incarnata' (http://tinyurl.com/5s8lxya)

Thanks! it's got to be it!

====

You (uh, or the original poster..?) will know after it blooms. I doubt if
incarnata is the only Passiflora that can have 5-lobed leaves.