GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How deep should my bedding be for a climber/twining plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/199084-how-deep-should-my-bedding-climber-twining-plant.html)

wtang 28-07-2011 08:48 PM

How deep should my bedding be for a climber/twining plant?

I'm designing a trouble to integrate into my trellis; the plants I'm considering a

Bougainvillea
Clematis Montana
Hydrangea anomala ssp. petiolaris.
Loncera japponica

The plants won't be directly bedded into the ground; the trellis I've designed will have a trough at the bottom, but I can't find any info on how deep I should make this container.

Could someone advise please? Any links to sites I can use as a reference would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Will