Old 11-08-2011, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Why no more new fruit on my zukes?

Todd wrote:
Hi All,

I am attempting to grow zucchini this year. I am a total
beginner and no little of what I am doing.

Problem: on my four producing plants, I have lots of
flowers but no new fruit. I initially got a very nice
fruit off of each plant. But, then for the last two weeks,
nothing new. I have lots of flowers by no new fruit.
The plants seem healthy (well, to me anyway). I am puzzled.

Do I need to shake the flowers or somethings to make sure they
pollinate? Any ideas what to do?

Many thanks,
-T

We got the same problem, but it sporadic. One plants doing ok. One plant is
on it's side. Yellow zukes. Don't have many, but they are huge squash.

I also notice the stink bugs like hanging on my green pepper plants, and
jalapeƱo. Nothing else. Some animal was clipping my plants, but it's been
ok after using fox urine product.

Greg
Old 12-08-2011, 08:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Todd wrote:
On 08/08/2011 03:21 PM, Billy wrote:
In , wrote:
Take the flowers that are on long stems, cut one off leaving enough stem
to hold on to, and then pull their petals off. Stick it into a flower
that doesn't have a long stem. Duration, rhythm, and motion are always
individual choices. Congratulations, you are a dad.

Do I get to eat the children? :-D

I totally grossed out my teenage niece by making a comment like that!
Only I said I wanted to eat the babies. ;-)

Priscilla
Old 12-08-2011, 11:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

Priscilla H. Ballou wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:
On 08/08/2011 03:21 PM, Billy wrote:
In ,
wrote: Take the flowers that are on long stems, cut one off leaving
enough stem to hold on to, and then pull their petals off. Stick it
into a flower that doesn't have a long stem. Duration, rhythm, and
motion are always individual choices. Congratulations, you are a
dad.

Do I get to eat the children? :-D

I totally grossed out my teenage niece by making a comment like that!
Only I said I wanted to eat the babies. ;-)

Priscilla

It's a common thing. Those vegetarians are the worst, they eat their prey
alive most of the time.

[IMG] code is On

Why ? Why ? Why? David Hill United Kingdom 15 29-08-2014 06:18 PM
Zukes ond gender bias Paul M. Cook Gardening 11 07-08-2010 05:14 AM
Gad zukes Paul M. Cook Gardening 2 12-07-2010 09:12 AM
Why is that fruit known as "Queen of Fruit"? Mangosteen Australia 0 20-04-2005 08:54 AM
growing zukes for seed Dawn Edible Gardening 3 29-07-2004 05:06 PM