Old 01-09-2011, 07:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Beet problems

Can some kind soul take a look at this pic:

http://emberts.no-ip.info/stuff/2011...PHOTO-0018.JPG

And tell me what they think is wrong with my beets? All of my beets
have it, and so does my chard. I have 4-5 different varieties of
beets, and all of them have it. I have reviewed different lists of
beet diseases, and haven't really found anything that seems to
describe this.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:47 AM posted to rec.gardens

Ook wrote:
Can some kind soul take a look at this pic:

http://emberts.no-ip.info/stuff/2011...PHOTO-0018.JPG

And tell me what they think is wrong with my beets? All of my beets
have it, and so does my chard. I have 4-5 different varieties of
beets, and all of them have it. I have reviewed different lists of
beet diseases, and haven't really found anything that seems to
describe this.

see if you can get ahold of a master gardener
through your county agricultural extension. there
are a few possibilities from what i can see but it
would take my eyeballs being right there to make
it more certain.

songbird
Old 05-09-2011, 07:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

http://emberts.no-ip.info/stuff/2011...den/images/PHO...

http://www.organicgardeningpractices...etleafspot.php

Old 07-09-2011, 04:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
told2b wrote:

On Sep 1, 2:02*pm, Ook wrote:
Can some kind soul take a look at this pic:

http://emberts.no-ip.info/stuff/2011...den/images/PHO...

And tell me what they think is wrong with my beets? All of my beets
have it, and so does my chard. I have 4-5 different varieties of
beets, and all of them have it. I have reviewed different lists of
beet diseases, and haven't really found anything that seems to
describe this.

http://www.organicgardeningpractices...etleafspot.php

Looks like leaf miner damage to me. Miners are big enough to see with
the naked eye, but it can be hard to find them because they are actually
inside the leaf.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 9/6/2011 11:22 PM, Michael Strauch wrote:
In article
,
wrote:

On Sep 1, 2:02 pm, wrote:
Can some kind soul take a look at this pic:

..

And tell me what they think is wrong with my beets? All of my beets
have it, and so does my chard. I have 4-5 different varieties of
beets, and all of them have it. I have reviewed different lists of
beet diseases, and haven't really found anything that seems to
describe this.

Looks like leaf miner damage to me. Miners are big enough to see with
the naked eye, but it can be hard to find them because they are actually
inside the leaf.

Could be
http://utahpests.usu.edu/ipm/htm/adv...rticleID=10006