Old 29-10-2011, 03:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Denture cleaners for plants?

Gunner wrote:
On Oct 25, 11:39 pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
Gunner wrote:
On Oct 24, 12:17 pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
Clearing out guest room, found bathroom/cosmetic supplies left by
guest. Included packets of denture cleaners. Powder that gets
dissolved in water?

Mentioned this to garden friend, who opined that there is something
in that stuff that is good for plants. Is this weird
or possible?

TIA

HB

w/o
http://www.dentist.net/dentureFAQ.asp

What are the ingredients in Polident that provides cleaning?

Polident’s anti-bacterial cleaning system has several ingredients
that participate in the cleaning process. The effervescent action
(Sodium Bicarbonate and Citric Acid)

These are not useful to plants

provides mechanical cleaning action to

loosen particles from the denture. The effervescent compounds also
reduce odor by neutralizing the by-products of bacteria. The enzyme
(everlace; Overnight only) breaks down and food proteins in plaque.
The oxidants (sodium perborate & potassium monopersulfate) remove
stains and whiten the denture teeth.

These are likely to be harmful to plants.

The detergents (sodium

polyphosphate & several others) clean by removing virtually all the
particles that were broken down and loosened by the previously
mentioned active ingredients.

These are not useful to plants either.

I see nothing there that would be helpful.

Never saw the usefulness for aspirin or H2O2 for plants.... kinda
sound goods, just don't find the science for it. Sounds a bit like
feeding excess antibiotics to animals to prevent what you don't know.
Now I have used hydrogen peroxide to disinfect my hydro systems and
the reservoirs.

People always want a 'magic' ingredient regardless of science.

Old 20-11-2012, 07:20 AM
Banned

Location: Canada

Hi i comeback to this community and I have a plastic retainer for bottom teeth, and I was wondering is it safe to those those denture cleaners on it? I was told not to use hot water when cleaning it, but the denture cleaner directions say use hot water. Would it be ok to use cold/warm water please share your good suggestion here?
Old 21-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Banned

Location: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson0 View Post
Hi i comeback to this community and I have a plastic retainer for bottom teeth, and I was wondering is it safe to those those denture cleaners on it? I was told not to use hot water when cleaning it, but the denture cleaner directions say use hot water. Would it be ok to use cold/warm water please share your good suggestion here?
gold coast tile cleaning
Old 27-11-2012, 06:15 AM
Banned

Location: Canada

Today am back to this community and i want to say that I need something that will clean the plants without damaging them.if anyone here than contact here back.i will appreciate you on this operating.
Old 29-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Banned

Location: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark0 View Post
Today am back to this community and i want to say that I need something that will clean the plants without damaging them.if anyone here than contact here back.i will appreciate you on this operating.
brisbane fencing supplies