Old 30-10-2011, 02:10 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Lonely...

About this time of year, this NG goes into its burrow and hibernates
till Spring.

Anybody know of a garden NG that specializes in my zone? So. Calif.
coastal - 8 or 24.

TIA

HB
Old 30-10-2011, 01:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

On Oct 29, 10:10*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
About this time of year, this NG goes into its burrow and hibernates
till Spring.

Anybody know of a garden NG that specializes in my zone? *So. Calif.
coastal - 8 or 24.

TIA

HB

OK I am in North Carolina but I miss everyone too. I have a green
house and an Aero garden. I am always growing something. We were out
of town for a few days and the fing deer ate every leaf on my roses. I
have parsley and basil right now and I just spent 2 hours frying
eggplant. There are half a dozen tomatoes in the green house and more
coming. I have lettuce and have started cucumbers and peppers just on
a whim. What the hell they are only seeds.
Old 30-10-2011, 02:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/29/11 7:10 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
About this time of year, this NG goes into its burrow and hibernates
till Spring.

Anybody know of a garden NG that specializes in my zone? So. Calif.
coastal - 8 or 24.

TIA

HB

I'm here all year long.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 30-10-2011, 03:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

Higgs Boson wrote:
About this time of year, this NG goes into its burrow and hibernates
till Spring.

busy times for me here to write much, but
i read along.

my list of fall garden projects is always
full right up until the ground freezes.

just finished the soybean harvest, still
have to sort, dry and shell (good rainy day
projects).

pulling the rest of the beets today.

haven't looked at the peas lately, but
could probably pick some if i get a chance
and remember to do it. same with the
butter beans.

songbird
Old 30-10-2011, 03:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/29/2011 10:10 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
About this time of year, this NG goes into its burrow and hibernates
till Spring.

The sad fact is that even in "hibernation" this NG is the most active
of any I subscribe to (some 25). Usenet is in decline; perhaps a forum
would do better, but I think not.

My own sad fact is that I have too little sun and water to do much
gardening. But, I get more of both in the winter after the leaves fall
and the rains come.

I think we are all still here in the winter. Cold season plants anyone?

Jeff

Old 01-11-2011, 12:33 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Oct 30, 7:57*am, "David E. Ross" wrote:
On 10/29/11 7:10 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

About this time of year, this NG goes into its burrow and hibernates
till Spring.

Anybody know of a garden NG that specializes in my zone? *So. Calif.
coastal - 8 or 24.

TIA

HB

I'm here all year long.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: *California Mediterranean, see

**Yes, indeed - and greatly valued for your good counsel.
Also you understand the difference between our microclimates.

I thought there are -- or used to be? -- garden groups specifically
for So. Calif. coastal. Have looked, but no luck.

Anybody?

HB

[IMG] code is On

Are you LONELY and STRESSED? AP Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 17-08-2012 02:34 PM
So lonely... Higgs Boson Gardening 55 07-01-2011 10:43 PM
lonely shubunkin mark Bannister Ponds 7 09-06-2005 04:18 PM
snowy, lonely and tired of having to go into the dragon-cave to access my e-mail and newsgroup madgardener Gardening 8 19-01-2004 03:02 AM