GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I want to cover the soil surface of the pot (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/200307-i-want-cover-soil-surface-pot.html)

Markjump 09-11-2011 06:40 PM

I want to cover the soil surface of the pot

Hi,

I got cocos in a pot in my living room. I want to covered the soil surface some how. Do you think what I should use to cover it, moss, stones or what?

Thank you in advance.

Higgs Boson 09-11-2011 09:32 PM

I want to cover the soil surface of the pot

--
Markjump

***The finest (smallest) grade of wood mulch. If you only need a
small amount, dunno if it's sold other than big bags. Might save some
for renewing the mulch from time to time, or use in the garden if you
have one.

HB

Brooklyn1 09-11-2011 10:01 PM

Markjump wrote:

I got cocos in a pot in my living room. I want to covered the soil
surface some how.

Why?

Markjump 10-11-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson (Post 941471)
***The finest (smallest) grade of wood mulch. If you only need a
small amount, dunno if it's sold other than big bags. Might save some
for renewing the mulch from time to time, or use in the garden if you
have one.

HB

Thank you.
I don't understand what you meant.
"wood mulch" = small piece of wood?
"dunno" = ?

Markjump 10-11-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn1 (Post 941473)
Markjump wrote:

I got cocos in a pot in my living room. I want to covered the soil
surface some how.

Why?

There always something covering the soil in the street or even in the garden, perhaps for preventing the dust of the soil? I think I better to cover something to prevent the soil dust fly in my living room and to decorate it.....

Pat Kiewicz[_2_] 10-11-2011 12:56 PM

Markjump said:

Hi,

I got cocos in a pot in my living room. I want to covered the soil
surface some how. Do you think what I should use to cover it, moss,
stones or what?

I like the look of small, smooth rounded pebbles, indoors. (Not
recommended for a plant that might need frequent repotting.)

Outdoors, I generally use cocoa shells to dress up my pots. These
tend to get dumped into the compost bin at the end of the season so
something organic makes sense there.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."