GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The day my kousa dogwood dropped its leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/200381-day-my-kousa-dogwood-dropped-its-leaves.html)

Don Wiss 17-11-2011 02:40 AM

The day my kousa dogwood dropped its leaves

Kousa dogwoods drop all of their leaves in two days, with most dropped on
the first day. Tuesday was the day when mine decided to drop. So I noted
the day in my calendar. I now plan to do this each year. I'll have my own
localized global warming indicator.

I'll have to find something in the Spring to chart.

Don http://foraging.com/ e-mail at page bottom.

heironymous 19-11-2011 06:18 PM

The day my kousa dogwood dropped its leaves

That's a good idea. I will do the same. Be interesting to compare
from year to year.
On the spring side, you could note when the first blooms appear on
either the Kousa or on
the American dogwoods.

Hunky Farrel 19-11-2011 09:18 PM

Don Wiss schrieb:
Kousa dogwoods drop all of their leaves in two days, with most dropped on
the first day. Tuesday was the day when mine decided to drop. So I noted
the day in my calendar. I now plan to do this each year. I'll have my own
localized global warming indicator.

I'll have to find something in the Spring to chart.

Don http://foraging.com/ e-mail at page bottom.

global warming is a hoax.

heironymous 24-11-2011 12:27 PM

The day my kousa dogwood dropped its leaves

So where did you get your phD in Climatology?

Don Wiss schrieb: Kousa dogwoods drop all of their leaves in two days, with most dropped on

Hunky Farrel 24-11-2011 09:24 PM

On Nov 19, 4:18 pm, Hunky wrote:
Don Wiss schrieb: Kousa dogwoods drop all of their leaves in two days, with most dropped on
the first day. Tuesday was the day when mine decided to drop. So I noted
the day in my calendar. I now plan to do this each year. I'll have my own
localized global warming indicator.

I'll have to find something in the Spring to chart.

Don http://foraging.com/ e-mail at page bottom.

global warming is a hoax.

actually it is a M.Sc in physics.i doubt that there is something called
a phd in climatology. it is more likely a phd in meteorology you are
referring to.
i have not seen actual scientific evidence for global warming. every
piece of collected data could as likely be a statistical fluctuation.