Old 02-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Berob

Default Loropetalum Companion Plants

I just bought 3 "Ruby" Loropetalums which are supposed to get around 5' tall
and wide. I'd like some suggestions for companion plants/shrubs for both
behind and in front of these plants. I appreciate in advance any advice.
Thank you.

Berob

Old 11-05-2003, 02:56 AM
V_coerulea

Around here, I frequently see them planted with camellias (japonica or
sasanqua) behind and either a miniature evergreen in front or winter/spring
annual/bulb beds in front or a combination of the two. Some hostas are also
good here. It depends on how much you like to have a change in the color and
scenery, and how much you like to work in the garden as opposed to the plant
it and leave it approach for this particular area. Prostrate junipers can
lead up to dwarfs of nandina (green, not red), boxwood, azaleas (choose the
color carefully), pittosporum. Throw in some daffodils and dwarf to med
snapdragonsor flowering kale for the winter, and mounds of petunias or
impatiens with some dwarf glads or other perennial spiking flower and you've
got a show-stopping border.

"Berob" wrote in message
m...
I just bought 3 "Ruby" Loropetalums which are supposed to get around 5'

tall
and wide. I'd like some suggestions for companion plants/shrubs for both
behind and in front of these plants. I appreciate in advance any advice.
Thank you.

Berob

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] loropetalum, Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 29-10-2003 05:42 PM
[IBC] loropetalum, was boxwood Kitsune Miko Bonsai 0 29-10-2003 04:12 PM
propagating Loropetalum Jacqueline Davidson Gardening 0 12-07-2003 08:56 PM
Loropetalum, 'Pizzazz' madgardener Gardening 9 12-07-2003 06:56 PM
I'm killing my loropetalum! jo Gardening 2 16-04-2003 03:44 PM