Old 23-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Registered User

Default Cold frame assembly

Hi, ive been given a Halls Silver Aluminium Standard 4th x 2ft cold frame but theres no instructions in the box, and i cant find anything online. was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a PDF or if anyone had a PDF of the instructions for it. ive tried to work out how to put it together from the picture on the front but the slugs have eaten half of it and its really unclear of what i can see of it. im pretty sure theres a couple of pieces missing too but i was hoping to put together what i do have so i can see whats missing and maybe make up the rest from wood etc.
thanks in advance
Old 23-01-2012, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:14:05 +0000, Econerd
wrote:

Hi, ive been given a Halls Silver Aluminium Standard 4th x 2ft cold
frame but theres no instructions in the box, and i cant find anything
online. was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a PDF or if
anyone had a PDF of the instructions for it. ive tried to work out how
to put it together from the picture on the front but the slugs have
eaten half of it and its really unclear of what i can see of it. im
pretty sure theres a couple of pieces missing too but i was hoping to
put together what i do have so i can see whats missing and maybe make up
the rest from wood etc.
thanks in advance

You didn't search very hard, there are plenty of web sites. It
doesn't look at all complicated, anyone who can pass their EEG should
be able to figure it out:
http://www.justgreenhouses.com/green...greenhouse.cfm

Old 24-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Registered User

Ok well first off thats not the right one. Thats the double ive got the standard. And thats not assembly instructions thats just someone selling it in america. If you had acualy read my post you would see that ive got one and that i can find it online to buy but i cant find any instructions for it.
It isnt as simple as it looks as each piece is different and has different flanges and grooves in it. I also have pieces missing which makes it hard to work out how to put it together.
Old 24-01-2012, 01:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
-

Hi, ive been given a Halls Silver Aluminium Standard 4th x 2ft cold
frame but theres no instructions in the box, and i cant find anything
online. was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a PDF or if
anyone had a PDF of the instructions for it. ive tried to work out how
to put it together from the picture on the front but the slugs have
eaten half of it and its really unclear of what i can see of it. im
pretty sure theres a couple of pieces missing too but i was hoping to
put together what i do have so i can see whats missing and maybe make
up
the rest from wood etc.
thanks in advance-

You didn't search very hard, there are plenty of web sites. It
doesn't look at all complicated, anyone who can pass their EEG should
be able to figure it out:
'Halls Double Cold Frame Greenhouse - Greenhouses at Just Greenhouses'
(
http://tinyurl.com/6vgty2v)

Ok well first off thats not the right one. Thats the double ive got the
standard. And thats not assembly instructions thats just someone selling
it in america. If you had acualy read my post you would see that ive got
one and that i can find it online to buy but i cant find any
instructions for it.
It isnt as simple as it looks as each piece is different and has
different flanges and grooves in it. I also have pieces missing which
makes it hard to work out how to put it together.

Makes me wonder how you know you have pieces missing. duh

The "Standard" model should be simpler to decipher. Be well assured
that the typical cub scout can assemble your cold frame from perusing
whatever parts are present and with the image I posted, and in under
two hours... missing parts can be improvised from inexpensive
materials one finds at home and from any hardware emporium, as well
missing fasteners which are likely the missing parts... if you are
incapable may I suggest you donate to the local gardening club.
Actually from your unappreciative response, as a human being you are
quite hopeless... stick your coldframe up your ass, sideways.
Old 24-01-2012, 03:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
-

[...]

Wow, somebody else you seem to hate sight unseen.

What a surprise.

To the OP, I suggest going over to

http://www.hallsgreenhouses.co.uk

get their contact info and call or email them.

--
Dan Espen

Old 24-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn1 View Post

wrote:
-

[...]

What is wrong with you? Have you nothing better to do than insult people on a forum? Ive already said im going to make the missing peices out of other things. I can see theres missing peices because i have worked out where some of the peices go and can see theres only One of something there should be 2 of. And as i said in the last post that you posted a link of the double type and I have the standard. If you had ever seen the peices of this cold frame you would know that most of the peices are different and that they all need to be in the right places for it to fit together.
If your going to just insult me over nothing then dont even bother writing a responce. Why did you even bother when you clearly know nothing about the subject. Get lost and find something more construcive to do.
Old 24-01-2012, 10:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
-

wrote:
-

[...]

Greenhouses' ('Halls Double Cold Frame Greenhouse - Greenhouses at
Just Greenhouses' (
http://tinyurl.com/6vgty2v))-

[...]

Brooklyn treats everybody poorly, it is nothing to do with you personally,
he has no style, no manners and very little knowledge. Please don't assume
that everybody here is like that.

David