GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Horticultural oil (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/202519-horticultural-oil.html)

Higgs Boson 06-03-2012 12:50 AM

Horticultural oil

Thought I'd share this article from Dave's Garden.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3610/

Apparently what used to be called "dormant spray/oil" is now
formulated quite differently. Inter alia, it is no longer necessarily
petroleum-based. Article says it can be used on Whitefly. NOW they
tell me! I had such horrible struggles with Whitefly on my Hibiscus--
tried everything! -- that I finally got rid of it some years ago.

Hope article is of interest to others.

HB

Jnanurag Babaki 07-03-2012 09:33 PM

Horticultural oil

On Mar 5, 4:50*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
Thought I'd share this article from Dave's Garden.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3610/

Apparently what used to be called "dormant spray/oil" is now
formulated quite differently. *Inter alia, it is no longer necessarily
petroleum-based. *Article says it can be used on Whitefly. *NOW they
tell me! *I had such horrible struggles with Whitefly on my Hibiscus--
tried everything! -- that I finally got rid of it some years ago.

Hope article is of interest to others.

HB

thanks a lot!! Great link!!