GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Helleborus love (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/202668-helleborus-love.html)

laurap74 16-03-2012 11:52 PM

Helleborus love

Hi all,
I saw some pictures of Helleborus and I literally fell in love with them!!! I would like to put some on my west facing balcony in London that gets really windy and cold...can you suggest any of these flowers that has flowers in winter and ca survive harsh weather? are Helleborus evergreen? if not, what happen to them in winter?

Gunner[_3_] 17-03-2012 05:56 PM

Helleborus love

On Friday, March 16, 2012 4:52:18 PM UTC-7, laurap74 wrote:
Hi all,
I saw some pictures of Helleborus and I literally fell in love with
them!!! ...

Graham Rice can answer your ????:
http://grahamrice.com/hellebore/clas...ion/index.html
Try container plantings with such plants as wild ginger,trillium, especially ones in colors,snowdrops, crocus, bleeding hearts, the more delicate ferns...