GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rose Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/202674-rose-question.html)

mj 17-03-2012 11:31 AM

Rose Question

I have already replaced a few of my Deer eaten roses this spring. One
of them had very little foliage but it was the only yellow one the had
so I took a chance. As chance would have it the deer returned and ate
what little was there. I now have 2 bare canes in the ground. Is there
any hope that it will grow or should I replace it again? I have
purchased a repellent spray that has worked well for be in the past
but I was out of it when the deer came back the last time.

MJ

Brooklyn1 17-03-2012 01:33 PM

Rose Question

mj wrote:

I have already replaced a few of my Deer eaten roses this spring. One
of them had very little foliage but it was the only yellow one the had
so I took a chance. As chance would have it the deer returned and ate
what little was there. I now have 2 bare canes in the ground. Is there
any hope that it will grow or should I replace it again? I have
purchased a repellent spray that has worked well for be in the past
but I was out of it when the deer came back the last time.

Unless you fence forget roses, plant something deer don't eat.