GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My balcony garden needs some magic...any creative idea? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/202763-my-balcony-garden-needs-some-magic-any-creative-idea.html)

laurap74 23-03-2012 06:53 PM

My balcony garden needs some magic...any creative idea?

Hi all! I am trying to create a little garden on my balcony in London as I love plants!...I put a little table there and I would like to put some nice plants on it, any suggestion? possibly something evergreen....but also with flowers :) thank you

tootalltim 26-03-2012 02:11 PM

My balcony garden needs some magic...any creative idea?

--
laurap74

The options are endless,
Is your balcony a very sunny location or more indirect sun? How about
an annual vine like
Cardinal Climber, It has lots of unique leaves and stunning scarlet
red trumpet flowers,
Have you thought about a small herb garden, check out different types
of pottery and plant rosemary,
thyme, sage etc. they provide greenery and savory scents, and are
useable in the kitchen.
I tend to sketch the area i want to plant and check out different
plants online, which are hardy for
my area and arrange them as i like, try adding one unique plant then
another and so on.

Tim