Old 03-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Registered User

Default Tool Hire

Hi,

I am new to this gardening malarkey but i had a massive mound of mud in my garden which the gardener decided to leave there and now i have a bit more time to myself i have been turning my hand to gardening but still with these mounds i am thinking of hiring a mini digger but the cheapest i can find is this tool hire company called national tool hire shops does anyone know any cheaper ones?

thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 12:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 16:41:22 +0000, robert fewtrell
wrote:

Hi,

I am new to this gardening malarkey but i had a massive mound of mud in
my garden which the gardener decided to leave there and now i have a bit
more time to myself i have been turning my hand to gardening but still
with these mounds i am thinking of hiring a mini digger but the cheapest
i can find is this tool hire company called national tool hire shops
does anyone know any cheaper ones?

There's a bunch of rental places. Home improvement centres (big box
hardware stores) often rent tools, and there are a few national chains
(Big-4 rents I believe is one). I've generally rented from the local
outfits myself, but more often than not, I just buy the tool,
sometimes seeking a good deal on a secondhand one.

FTR, you're posting to the international USENET group rec.gardens, and
not indicating where you're located -- readers are left to make the
judgement call that since you're using gardenbanter.co.uk you might be
in the UK, though I'd wager I could set up a gardenbanter account
easily enough, despite being in California...

Old 04-04-2012, 01:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

robert.fewtrell.gardenbanana uk wrote:

I am new to this gardening malarkey but i had a massive mound of mud in
my garden which the gardener decided to leave there and now i have a bit
more time to myself i have been turning my hand to gardening but still
with these mounds i am thinking of hiring a mini digger but the cheapest
i can find is this tool hire company called national tool hire shops
does anyone know any cheaper ones?

You're not at all clear on what it is you need to do and the size of
this excavation... you may get by with a wheelbarrow and a shovel or
your job may require a bulldozer. Before even thinking DIY call in a
few contractors to give you estimates and meanwhile pick their brains
as to what all your job entails... and only then if you feel confident
you can DIY proceed, or hire someone. Remember the adage about DIY
that the cheap often ends up expensive.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

--
robert fewtrell

Jewson do them too. Not sure on price but heres the link
http://www.jewson.co.uk/en/templates...emId=cat540030
Old 04-04-2012, 08:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

Gareth Drew wrote:
robert fewtrell wrote:

I am new to this gardening malarkey but i had a massive mound of mud in
my garden which the gardener decided to leave there and now i have a bit
more time to myself i have been turning my hand to gardening but still
with these mounds i am thinking of hiring a mini digger but the cheapest
i can find is this tool hire company called national tool hire shops
does anyone know any cheaper ones?

Jewson do them too. Not sure on price but heres the link
http://www.jewson.co.uk/en/templates...emId=cat540030

Wow! For a business name Jewson is as smarmy as Christian.
They give free estimates he
http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...c.989-835-6201

Old 10-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn1 View Post
Gareth Drew wrote:
robert fewtrell wrote:

I am new to this gardening malarkey but i had a massive mound of mud in
my garden which the gardener decided to leave there and now i have a bit
more time to myself i have been turning my hand to gardening but still
with these mounds i am thinking of hiring a mini digger but the cheapest
i can find is this tool hire company called national tool hire shops
does anyone know any cheaper ones?

Jewson do them too. Not sure on price but heres the link
National Tool Hire Shops : Power Tool Equipment Hire Company UK, Building, Safet

Wow! For a business name Jewson is as smarmy as Christian.
They give free estimates he
National Tool Hire Shops : Power Tool Equipment Hire Company UK, Building, Safet
Not sure what you mean by the name, but I've used National Tool Hire Shops and had a good deal from them