GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to make a clematis climb (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/202932-how-make-clematis-climb.html)

laurap74 03-04-2012 06:24 PM

How to make a clematis climb

I bought a mature Clematis that is growing about 40 cm on a cane in a pot. I would like to train it to grow on a trellis, how do I do this now? shall I remove the plant from the cane on the pot or shall I attach the cane to the trellis? please help

songbird[_2_] 04-04-2012 05:10 AM

How to make a clematis climb

laurap74 wrote:

I bought a mature Clematis that is growing about 40 cm on a cane in a
pot. I would like to train it to grow on a trellis, how do I do this
now? shall I remove the plant from the cane on the pot or shall I attach
the cane to the trellis? please help

if the trellis is within a few inches of the
vine as it grows it will find it. time lapse
photography of this process is fun to watch.

once in a while a strong wind may blow bits of
it off, so we lift them back towards the trellis
and they wind around again.

songbird