GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hairy plant creeping on lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/20320-re-hairy-plant-creeping-lawn.html)

david 03-05-2003 10:44 PM

Hairy plant creeping on lawn

".....The plant has three clovers attached to the stem and each individual
clover has three sharp points to it. ...."

Do you mean clover like leaf ?

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Sequal 05-05-2003 01:32 AM

Hairy plant creeping on lawn

Its leaf looks like cilantro leaf but the difference is that its much
smaller and three leafs are attached individually to the stem. Some of them
can have hair on it.

Sequal 05-05-2003 02:44 AM

Hairy plant creeping on lawn

Heres a pictu
http://24.81.217.233/weed.html

thanks again

Pat Kiewicz 05-05-2003 12:20 PM

Hairy plant creeping on lawn

Sequal said:

Heres a pictu
http://24.81.217.233/weed.html

thanks again

Could be herb-robert (it is in the Geranium family). Do the leaves have
a distinctive odor when crushed? (The smell reminds me of peanuts,
a bit.)
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)

david 06-05-2003 02:21 AM

Hairy plant creeping on lawn

My first thought on seeing the pics is a form of creeping buttercup

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Sequal 06-05-2003 07:56 PM

"david" wrote in message ...
My first thought on seeing the pics is a form of creeping buttercup

The leaves looks like it but after searching the net for pictures, I
dont think that this plant has any flowers.

Cereoid-UR12 07-05-2003 05:08 AM

Hairy plant creeping on lawn

Just how does you plant search the net for pictures?

If it finds the right plant porn website, will that cause it to get a rise
and bloom?

Since its hairy, it must have already reached puberty!!!

Sequal wrote in message
om...