Old 04-05-2003, 01:44 AM
Sabaa Mundia

Default cilantro.....

hi there,
i live in ny (zone 7), i planted some cilantro seeds in a pot and kept it
outside on my patio. it has been 2 weeks now and i dont see any sign of any
new shoots. i put the seeds about 4-5 " deep, could it be that i would have
put the seeds too deep in the soil........ please could someone tell me what
cilantro seeds need to germinate and grow.
thank you,
sabaa.

Old 04-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Sun, 04 May 2003 00:44:02 GMT, "Sabaa Mundia"
wrote:

could it be that i would have
put the seeds too deep in the soil..

yes by 4 or 5 inches....

"Nature, left alone, is in perfect balance.
Harmful insects and plant diseases are always present,
but do not occur in nature to an extent which requires the use of poisonous chemicals.
The sensible approach to disease and insect control is to grow sturdy crops in a healthy environment."

Masanobu Fukuoka, One Straw Revolution--1978
Old 04-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Dan

wrote:

hi there,
i live in ny (zone 7), i planted some cilantro seeds in a pot and kept it
outside on my patio. it has been 2 weeks now and i dont see any sign of any
new shoots. i put the seeds about 4-5 " deep, could it be that i would have
put the seeds too deep in the soil........ please could someone tell me what

Yes, the most a seed should be planted (corn, beans peas or sunflowers
come to mind) is about an inch. I'd plant cilantro at a half inch or
less.

Dan

Old 04-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

"Sabaa Mundia" wrote:

hi there,
i live in ny (zone 7), i planted some cilantro seeds in a pot and kept it
outside on my patio. it has been 2 weeks now and i dont see any sign of any
new shoots. i put the seeds about 4-5 " deep,

WAY too deep! For Cilantro, no more than 1/2 inch deep.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both