Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Registered User

Default Stone chippings - will they hurt my acid loving plants

I have a border in my garden with lots of rhodedendrons and azaleas. I have ill health now so i need to make the garden easier to maintain. There are lots of weeds at the moment, which i plan to have removed. Then some weed control fabric and stone chippings.
Cotswold stone chippings would be great, but probably would affect the ph too much. Is that right?

If it is, then what alternatives do i have? Are there most neutral or acid stones out there?

I dont really want to use bark or wood chippings because i dont like the look really.

thanks
joel

[IMG] code is On

acid loving/hating query and ferrous sulphate... bob[_1_] United Kingdom 12 29-04-2009 02:25 PM
Stone chippings Keith H United Kingdom 5 10-04-2006 09:50 PM
FA: 3-6 tonnes of ornamental stone chippings Matt Horn United Kingdom 0 31-05-2005 06:43 PM
Acid loving alpines for a trough [email protected] United Kingdom 0 07-12-2004 11:05 AM