GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Snapdragons -- Indiana (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/203712-snapdragons-indiana.html)

mkr5000 25-05-2012 09:06 PM

Snapdragons -- Indiana

This may be the plant I need for a partly sunny raised bed I just built. Do they flower all or most of the summer? I'm in Indiana -- zone 5. Getting 4 hours of strong sun where I want to plant.

Someone told me that they are perennial but not sure about that -- did hear that they will reseed though and come up every year?

Can anyone recommend a good mix of varieties for a group planting of snapdragons only?

thanks

David E. Ross[_2_] 26-05-2012 01:04 AM

Snapdragons -- Indiana

On 5/25/12 1:06 PM, mkr5000 wrote:
This may be the plant I need for a partly sunny raised bed I just built. Do they flower all or most of the summer? I'm in Indiana -- zone 5. Getting 4 hours of strong sun where I want to plant.

Someone told me that they are perennial but not sure about that -- did hear that they will reseed though and come up every year?

Can anyone recommend a good mix of varieties for a group planting of snapdragons only?

thanks

You might want to ask at a local nursery -- a real nursery, not a lumber
yard or hardware store -- or at a meeting of a local garden club.

Where I live, snapdragons are a winter flower and are treated as annuals.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see