GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   buxus (box) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/204040-buxus-box.html)

DAVID JOHN 15-06-2012 10:28 AM

buxus (box)

Hello everyone, my question is when is the best time to shape or prune my bushes i have grown from cuttings some people say now some say autumn.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

David E. Ross[_2_] 15-06-2012 04:53 PM

buxus (box)

On 6/15/12 2:28 AM, DAVID JOHN wrote:
Hello everyone, my question is when is the best time to shape or prune
my bushes i have grown from cuttings some people say now some say
autumn.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

Do it any time except less than 6 weeks before any frost might be
expected. Shearing or pruning will promote new growth that will be
tender and easily damaged by frost.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see