Old 17-06-2012, 02:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Four Winds dwarf kaffir lime tree

I bought this 1 yr old. Xferd to larger pot (10"dia x 10"dp). I'm at 8K ft in CO
with plant in a south facing bay window. It gets 5-8 hrs of sun, at
least 4-5 direct. Going strong. Even has a single lime! ...which my
4yr old CA plant never did. So, I'm not complaining. But! ...have a
weird thing occurring. About 30% of the leaves are curling under,
longways. ????

My CA plant never did this. This plant has no mights, scale, aphids,
or any pests I can see, and I look closely with mag glass and know
what to look for. I have one of those water meter thingies, but don't
really trust it. I keep the indicator at jes below the "too much"
red. Only one leaf has ever fallen and none are yellow. It's in the
best organic potting soil and gets worm guts plant food every other
watering. Like I said, growing to beat the band --two new sprouts--
but older leaves still curl under. I keep it jes under TOO wet, cuz I
want it to have a juicy lime fruit, of which I've never had. OH, if
this helps, all the onther limes fell off when they were jes pea
sized. I figured I wasn't keeping the soil moist enough, so upped the
water scheduale. This one lime is the only one that has survived and
is now lrg jawbreaker size. I got the plant mainly for the leaves, an
herb in Thai cooking, but would love to get an actual kaffir lime.

My primary worry is, WTF iz it with the curled leaves!?

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!
Support labeling GMOs
Old 17-06-2012, 11:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 17 Jun 2012 00:55:59 GMT, notbob wrote:
I bought this 1 yr old. Xferd to larger pot (10"dia x 10"dp). I'm at 8K ft in CO
with plant in a south facing bay window. It gets 5-8 hrs of sun, at
least 4-5 direct. Going strong. Even has a single lime! ...which my
4yr old CA plant never did. So, I'm not complaining. But! ...have a
weird thing occurring. About 30% of the leaves are curling under,
longways. ????

A string of cool temps can do that. And bay windows often don't get as warm as the main living area.

Kay

Old 17-06-2012, 12:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 2012-06-17, Kay Lancaster wrote:

A string of cool temps can do that. And bay windows often don't get as warm as the main living area.

This IS in the main living area and the bay window IS the key source
of light/heat during the day. It is cool at night, getting down into
the mid 40s (F) outside, but the house is never below 60F.

The leaves do not appear to be unhealthy in any way, jes curly.

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!
Support labeling GMOs

[IMG] code is On

Kaffir Lime Bush help Slugs&snails Edible Gardening 7 01-07-2009 06:20 PM
Dwarf Lime Tree - Leaf Problem? Rayband Australia 2 20-10-2006 08:49 PM
Kaffir Lime Tree Linda H Australia 3 03-04-2006 08:39 AM
Dwarf Apple & Dwarf Avocada Tree Questions JorgNS Gardening 2 01-02-2005 05:52 AM
Kaffir Lime Seeds kilikini Edible Gardening 11 12-12-2004 01:53 AM