GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   what is doing this? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/204083-what-doing.html)

Gem 18-06-2012 02:35 PM

what is doing this?

1 Attachment(s)
For the 2nd year running my red hot pokers are being eaten. I have put slug pellets down and have pulled off any snails which are hiding in the leaves but it is still being decimated by something!

Would the damage be just snails or could it be something else?

Thank you

Gem

Pat Kiewicz[_2_] 19-06-2012 12:37 PM

what is doing this?

Gem said:

For the 2nd year running my red hot pokers are being eaten. I have put
slug pellets down and have pulled off any snails which are hiding in the
leaves but it is still being decimated by something!

Would the damage be just snails or could it be something else?

|Filename: flower.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php

attachmentid=15083|

Perhaps you have unreasonable expectations, or the weather has
been less than ideal (damp). These are plants of arid or semi-arid
regions.

Kniphofia normally "bloom out" from the bottom up and rarely look
like the beauty shots from catalogs.

See he
http://www.gardeningblog.net/2011/09...ker-something-
not-to-grow-and-bunnies/