GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help identify Delphinium disease (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/204585-help-identify-delphinium-disease.html)

benawhile 24-07-2012 04:40 PM

Help identify Delphinium disease

I have two Delphinium plants purchased about a month ago from a local garden centre which seem to be diseased.
They have been under attack from slugs but think I have controlled the slugs now with pellets and beer. Maybe too late.
I have kept them well watered, also put down some home composted mulch, which may not have been a good idea. I am a novice gardener and the compost may have been diseased.

Should either or both plants be uprooted?
Can I get a refund from the supplier if they are this badly diseased?

I wold like to post an image, can I do that in this forum?
Many thanks

benawhile 24-07-2012 04:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have attached appropriate images, is this the correct way to do it?