GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Caterpillar Invasion - indoor plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/204931-caterpillar-invasion-indoor-plants.html)

Ben Davies 25-08-2012 11:07 PM

Caterpillar Invasion - indoor plants

I have found caterpillar's munching away on my houseplants. I haven't got a clue how they got in, how can I get rid of these pesky pests?

Thanks
Ben

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 26-08-2012 04:43 AM

Ben Davies wrote:
I have found caterpillar's munching away on my houseplants. I haven't
got a clue how they got in, how can I get rid of these pesky pests?

Thanks
Ben

Pull them off by hand, send in the chooks, spray with BT or pyrethrin.

allen73 28-08-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Davies (Post 967482)
I have found caterpillar's munching away on my houseplants. I haven't got a clue how they got in, how can I get rid of these pesky pests?

Thanks
Ben

Caterpillars can come into your indoor gardening by creeping in through holes in screens, open windows or cracks in the walls. Check all your indoor garden plant shoots, leaves, stems, buds and flowers for caterpillars. Some caterpillars can't be identify because of their green in color. Hand-pick caterpillars and drop them into a bucket of soapy water. Apply Bacillus thuringiensis to your plant.