GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tulips (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/205218-tulips.html)

skippysje 19-09-2012 02:51 PM

Tulips

I'm considering planting Tulip bulbs. How many should I plant in a plot 2 foot by 5 foot?

Alexandra Flickinger 19-09-2012 05:27 PM

Tulips

--
skippysje

Tulips should be planted 4-8 inches apart.

Brooklyn1 19-09-2012 09:10 PM

Tulips

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 13:51:04 +0000, skippysje
wrote:

I'm considering planting Tulip bulbs. How many should I plant in a plot
2 foot by 5 foot?

I'd plant one every six inches, so two rows, ten in a row. Of course
there are many sizes of tulips so spacing can vary. Personally I
prefer to naturalize bulbs, I really don't like them lined up in a
plot like soldiers. In a plot like yours invariably a couple won't
come up so your plot will look like a toothless grin. I'd be more apt
to plant a couple of clumps of like five each, along with a few
different bulbs in clumps, like daffs and hyacynth.