GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Allen Sythe? ? ? ? ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/206252-allen-sythe.html)

Martin L 25-01-2013 10:05 AM

Allen Sythe? ? ? ? ?

I am about to take on a very overgrown allotment.

Does anyone know if allen sythes are still available to hire?

I believe the "modern alternative" is the Flail Mower!

Any other advice welcome.

PS. I'm in Warwick.

Thanks in advance, Martin

lannerman 26-01-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin L (Post 977305)
I am about to take on a very overgrown allotment.

Does anyone know if allen sythes are still available to hire?

I believe the "modern alternative" is the Flail Mower!

Any other advice welcome.

PS. I'm in Warwick.

Thanks in advance, Martin

Ive used a machine called a 'bushwacker', where years ago I might have used an allen scythe. It has a tough rotary blade and will clear most things and is readily available at hire outlets.
regards, Lannerman.

songbird[_2_] 27-01-2013 04:51 PM

Allen Sythe? ? ? ? ?

lannerman wrote:
Martin L;977305 Wrote:
I am about to take on a very overgrown allotment.

Does anyone know if allen sythes are still available to hire?

I believe the "modern alternative" is the Flail Mower!

Any other advice welcome.

PS. I'm in Warwick.

Thanks in advance, Martin

Ive used a machine called a 'bushwacker', where years ago I might have
used an allen scythe. It has a tough rotary blade and will clear most
things and is readily available at hire outlets.
regards, Lannerman.

this sounds like a weed wacker with a
metal blade. i have one here for small
clearing jobs. works fine, not too