GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Topsy-turvy's (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/207075-topsy-turvys.html)

Natural Girl[_2_] 08-05-2013 09:55 PM

Topsy-turvy's

I've got 2 topsy-turvy hanging planters that I've been growing tomatoes in
for a couple of seasons. The first year the tomatoes did good, but the
second year, not so good despite making sure the soil was replenished with
organic fertilizer. I thought this year I would experiment and plant
something else in the from the top vs. planting from the bottom of the
topsy-turvy.

Has anyone ever tried planting squash or zuchinni vines in a topsy-turvy?

--
Natural Girl

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 09-05-2013 01:14 AM

Topsy-turvy's

Natural Girl wrote:
I've got 2 topsy-turvy hanging planters that I've been growing
tomatoes in for a couple of seasons. The first year the tomatoes did
good, but the second year, not so good despite making sure the soil
was replenished with organic fertilizer. I thought this year I would
experiment and plant something else in the from the top vs. planting
from the bottom of the topsy-turvy.

Has anyone ever tried planting squash or zuchinni vines in a
topsy-turvy?

They would be far too big and hang down too much.