GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clivia - when remove stalk (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/207089-clivia-when-remove-stalk.html)

Higgs Boson 10-05-2013 04:11 AM

Clivia - when remove stalk

I think this was answered some years ago; just checking...

ISTR the concensus was not to remove the stalk after bloom as long as it was still green, i.e. still furnishing nutrients to roots.

T/F?

TIA

HB

Higgs Boson 14-05-2013 08:36 PM

Clivia - when remove stalk

On Thursday, May 9, 2013 8:11:49 PM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:
I think this was answered some years ago; just checking...

ISTR the concensus was not to remove the stalk after bloom as long as it was still green, i.e. still furnishing nutrients to roots.

T/F?

TIA

HB

***WOULD SURE LIKE TO GET SOME EXPERIENCED INPUT***. So. Calif coastal.
Also, is there a way to prolong bloom? Those glorious orange flowers are too soon gone.

TIA

HB