GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ideas for improving this second-generation home compostingmethod (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/207146-re-ideas-improving-second-generation-home-compostingmethod.html)

Danny D 16-05-2013 01:51 AM

Ideas for improving this second-generation home compostingmethod

On Wed, 08 May 2013 18:50:17 -0500, Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:

There is a reason the grass is greener over the lateral lines
of a septic tank system.

After googling, as suggested, I decided to experiment adding that
new liquid element into the compost:

DirtBag 16-05-2013 02:01 AM

Ideas for improving this second-generation home composting method

Danny D said

On Wed, 08 May 2013 18:50:17 -0500, Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:

There is a reason the grass is greener over the lateral lines
of a septic tank system.

After googling, as suggested, I decided to experiment adding that
new liquid element into the compost:

I apply such liquid after dark - when I take the dogs out for a wee.

The wife is none the wiser.

Danny D 16-05-2013 05:03 AM

On Thu, 16 May 2013 01:01:29 +0000, DirtBag wrote:

I apply such liquid after dark - when I take the dogs out for a wee.
The wife is none the wiser.

I'm sure mine wouldn't use the compost ... if she knew.

Tekkie® 23-05-2013 01:42 AM

Ideas for improving this second-generation home composting method

Danny D posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On Wed, 08 May 2013 18:50:17 -0500, Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:

There is a reason the grass is greener over the lateral lines
of a septic tank system.

After googling, as suggested, I decided to experiment adding that
new liquid element into the compost:

3 in 1 oil ?

--
Tekkie

Danny D 23-05-2013 10:29 AM

On Wed, 22 May 2013 20:42:38 -0400, Tekkie® wrote:

After googling, as suggested, I decided to experiment adding that
new liquid element into the compost:

3 in 1 oil ?

Naaah. Something with a bit more natural nitrogen in it.