GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   love in a mist (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/207155-love-mist.html)

songbird[_2_] 17-05-2013 08:05 AM

love in a mist

funny, to find out what i've been calling
lantana is really a nigella and not a lantana
at all. the type we have here is similar to
the picture on the wiki site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigella

the picture notated:

nigella in full bloom.

anyways, they are an unusual flower/seed pod
that wander around the gardens. each seed pod
can contain many seeds (they are fairly large
seeds too) so they spread quite easily. i try
to limit their wanderings to certain areas just
on the principle that we don't want them to
take over completely (like the annual/biennial
poppies)...

songbird