GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   bay trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/207262-bay-trees.html)

arnie 1 27-05-2013 10:45 AM

bay trees

i have 2 bat trees quite large but the leaves are yellow what can i do, thanks for any help.

brooklyn1 27-05-2013 04:42 PM

bay trees

wrote:

i have 2 bat trees quite large but the leaves are yellow what can i do,
thanks for any help.

If you care for them as carefully as you spell I suggest firewood.

Dan Espen[_2_] 27-05-2013 04:58 PM

bay trees

arnie 1 writes:

i have 2 bat trees quite large but the leaves are yellow what can i do,
thanks for any help.

No experience with Bay (or Bat) trees,
but if all the leaves are yellow, you're too late.

--
Dan Espen

David E. Ross[_2_] 27-05-2013 05:30 PM

bay trees

On 5/27/13 2:45 AM, arnie 1 wrote:
i have 2 bat trees quite large but the leaves are yellow what can i do,
thanks for any help.

There are several unrelated trees called "bay". Do you have the
botanical name?

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 28-05-2013 12:20 AM

bay trees

arnie 1 wrote:
i have 2 bat trees quite large but the leaves are yellow what can i
do, thanks for any help.

If you mean bay laurel, Laurus nobilis, the leaves ought to be deep green
all year round. If they are yellow you have a really sick tree, as others
have said it may not survive. There are many problems that present this
way. Without more information about the growing conditions, when, where and
how this happened it is pointless to guess which problem it is.

David

PS Ignore Brooklyn he isn't picking on you, he's nasty to everybody, can't
help himself.

Bob F 28-05-2013 04:01 AM

bay trees

Brooklyn1 wrote:
wrote:

i have 2 bat trees quite large but the leaves are yellow what can i
do, thanks for any help.

If you care for them as carefully as you spell I suggest firewood.

His spelling is fine - his typing is as bad as everyone elses.

arnie 1 28-05-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn1 (Post 984106)

i have 2 bat trees quite large but the leaves are yellow what can i do,
thanks for any help.

If you care for them as carefully as you spell I suggest firewood.

Brooklyn sorry i hit the wrong key we all cant be perfect, to all the other answers thanks.