GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clematis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/207451-clematis.html)

cj 16-06-2013 06:38 PM

Clematis

My multi blue clematis is done blooming and the blooms are dropping to
the ground. The plant is very bushy on the bottom half of the plant with
only a couple of long vines on the top. Is it now time to prune each
vine so that I may have a fuller (dense top) next season?

Thanks, CJ in s.e.Michigan

fran 23-06-2013 08:02 PM

Clematis

Clematis comes in 3 groups when it comes to pruning. I would look up
the cultiver to see the pruning schedule for yours..