GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Compost ignites (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/207544-re-compost-ignites.html)

Danny D.[_5_] 26-06-2013 07:18 AM

Compost ignites

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 04:06:02 +0000, DerbyDad03 wrote:

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/page/content.detail/id/537577.html

Peat didn't have a pot to pee in.

Funny you mention peeing into the compost pile.

With all this talk about dripping hose nozzles, I decided to test
my theory of the four reasons women *think* miss the toilet ... so ...
I peed on the relocated compost pile for the past couple of days ...

(The wife, for some strange reason, is using my "old" compost pile
to grow stuff - so I have been relegated to the barren wastelands.)

Lo and behold, everywhere I peed on the new (much more barren) compost
pile, bees flocked.

It's strange, as there isn't a flower petal within 100 feet!

Yet - strangely - the bees are rooting about as if there is sweet
nectar hidden in them thar hills:

I wonder what bees like about wet organic compost?

Kurt Ullman 26-06-2013 01:11 PM

Compost ignites

In article ,
"Danny D." wrote:

I wonder what bees like about wet organic compost?

My first question would be could you be diabetic and spilling a lot of
sugar into your urine?
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Danny D.[_5_] 26-06-2013 01:45 PM

Compost ignites

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 08:11:31 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

My first question would be could you be diabetic and spilling a lot of
sugar into your urine?

Interesting. Very interesting. I hadn't thought of that.
Certainly, I provided supporting evidence for the garden-hose nozzle
theory (aka "why women errantly think men can't aim"), but I hadn't
thought about the sugars.

My original hypothesis was that they're attracted to the smell of
urea, which, I had blindly assumed, was similar to some flowers they
must really like as the one spot in a barren plot that has urine
attracts bees by the beehive!

Bob F 26-06-2013 11:34 PM

Compost ignites

Danny D. wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 08:11:31 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

My first question would be could you be diabetic and spilling a lot
of sugar into your urine?

Interesting. Very interesting. I hadn't thought of that.
Certainly, I provided supporting evidence for the garden-hose nozzle
theory (aka "why women errantly think men can't aim"), but I hadn't
thought about the sugars.

Judging from the number of ****ed-on toilet seats I've seen in men's room, you
wife is 100% right.

My original hypothesis was that they're attracted to the smell of
urea, which, I had blindly assumed, was similar to some flowers they
must really like as the one spot in a barren plot that has urine
attracts bees by the beehive!

I wonder what this will do to some poor beekeepers honey crop.

Stormin Mormon[_4_] 27-06-2013 12:40 AM

Compost ignites

That's a thought. He could fill hummingbird feeders?
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org