GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hydrangeas in Pachysandra (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/207760-hydrangeas-pachysandra.html)

[email protected] 14-07-2013 07:09 PM

Hydrangeas in Pachysandra

I have 2 new 2 gallon macrophylla's and I'd like to plant them dead smack in the middle of pachysandra. Sun light and soil will be good. My question is, will the pachysandra (roots) choke out the roots of the hydrangeas or will they grow just as well with or without the pachysandra?

Thx!

Dan Espen[_2_] 14-07-2013 10:58 PM

Hydrangeas in Pachysandra

writes:

I have 2 new 2 gallon macrophylla's and I'd like to plant them dead
smack in the middle of pachysandra. Sun light and soil will be
good. My question is, will the pachysandra (roots) choke out the roots
of the hydrangeas or will they grow just as well with or without the
pachysandra?

I don't have Hydrangea in Pachysandra, but I have a whole raft of other
stuff in Pachysandra.

In THEORY, one plant can choke out another.
In practice the taller plant has the advantage.
In any case, I think
you'll never notice the difference.

--
Dan Espen