GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to start my own nursery (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/207779-how-start-my-own-nursery.html)

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 22-07-2013 12:04 AM

How to start my own nursery

larisssa smith wrote:
Thank you for your response everyone started somewhere I just wanted
feedback :)

Keep in mind this is an international group. The plants that grow well and
are popular will vary considerably around the world, so even if you got many

l smith 22-07-2013 01:15 AM

How to start my own nursery

Thank you !

brooklyn1 22-07-2013 03:31 AM

How to start my own nursery

larisssa smith wrote:

I checked everything as far as license & zoning.
I was actually referring to what I should plant
when.. what sells very well ect.. I am starting
small :)

Vegetable seedlings sell very well, especially ethnics
like Oriental and Italian. On Lung Guyland a start
up nursery needs to specialize... you cannot compete
with the big plant retailers who buy from
huge wholesalers at very low prices. Really
all you need do is peruse several of the large
plant nurserys and do not grow what they sell....
you need to specialize

l smith 22-07-2013 04:56 AM

How to start my own nursery

Thank you