GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   please id small orange flowered plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/207805-please-id-small-orange-flowered-plant.html)

dpien 20-07-2013 02:31 PM

please id small orange flowered plant

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, please can anyone id the small orange flowers in the attached pic?
I got this tiny plant from b&q...

Thanks!!!

Jeff Layman[_2_] 20-07-2013 10:32 PM

On 20/07/2013 14:31, dpien wrote:
Hi all, please can anyone id the small orange flowers in the attached
pic?
I got this tiny plant from b&q...

Thanks!!!

|Filename: DSCN0598 (800x600).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15713|

It's a begonia, but I don't know which one.

--

Jeff

Kay Lancaster 21-07-2013 03:01 AM

please id small orange flowered plant

Looks like a cultivar of Salvia splendens or a similar species. Can't really
tell from the detail posted, but compare to: http://www.packetseeds.com/acatalog/...er_Orange.html

dpien 21-07-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kay Lancaster (Post 987946)
Looks like a cultivar of Salvia splendens or a similar species. Can't really
tell from the detail posted, but compare to: Salvia splendens - Sizzler Orange

Indeed it is, thanks very much!!!! I don't know Salvia's, so much to learn still :)

dpien 21-07-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpien (Post 987957)
Indeed it is, thanks very much!!!! I don't know Salvia's, so much to learn still :)

Btw, it appears closest to the following cultivar:

Schmidt Brothers, Inc. (a) 806 Annuals: Salvia-Splendens - Bonfire Elite

Stunning intense orange colour and beautiful foliage. Next year may be a Salvia year for me :)