Old 03-08-2013, 10:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default all dude flowers on my zuke

Hi All,

I let one of the fruit on one of my zukes get a little big
(2' long by 4" diameter). Since I have cut it off and ate
it, all the flowers on that plant are dude flowers, about
ten of them.

Coincidence or my mistake? How do I get more girl flowers?
Am I over thinking this?

Many thanks,
-T

Old 04-08-2013, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Todd
wrote:

Hi All,

I let one of the fruit on one of my zukes get a little big
(2' long by 4" diameter). Since I have cut it off and ate
it, all the flowers on that plant are dude flowers, about
ten of them.

Coincidence or my mistake? How do I get more girl flowers?
Am I over thinking this?

Many thanks,
-T

The zuch stuck it out there, and you cut it off. Would you you do it
again? Give the zuch a chance to forget, and let the male chorus line of
flowers work its magic. Hope springs eternal, especially among gardeners.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg

Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 08/03/2013 04:38 PM, Billy wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

Hi All,

I let one of the fruit on one of my zukes get a little big
(2' long by 4" diameter). Since I have cut it off and ate
it, all the flowers on that plant are dude flowers, about
ten of them.

Coincidence or my mistake? How do I get more girl flowers?
Am I over thinking this?

Many thanks,
-T

The zuch stuck it out there, and you cut it off. Would you you do it
again? Give the zuch a chance to forget, and let the male chorus line of
flowers work its magic. Hope springs eternal, especially among gardeners.

Hi Billy,

At least the chorus line is providing pollen for the
other plants

So, it was my fault.

-T
Old 04-08-2013, 01:57 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Hi All,

I let one of the fruit on one of my zukes get a little big
(2' long by 4" diameter). Since I have cut it off and ate
it, all the flowers on that plant are dude flowers, about
ten of them.

Coincidence or my mistake? How do I get more girl flowers?
Am I over thinking this?

Many thanks,
-T

The zuch stuck it out there, and you cut it off. Would you you do it
again? Give the zuch a chance to forget, and let the male chorus
line of flowers work its magic. Hope springs eternal, especially
among gardeners.

Hi Billy,

At least the chorus line is providing pollen for the
other plants

So, it was my fault.

-T

I doubt it. Billy is pulling your leg.