GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Gardening Tips (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/208052-gardening-tips.html)

thomaspoul 14-08-2013 10:01 AM

Gardening Tips

Hello members...
How are you all ???
I want some tips for enhancement of my roof top garden...
Please help me and give your suggestions...

songbird[_2_] 14-08-2013 08:27 PM

Gardening Tips

thomaspoul wrote:

I want some tips for enhancement of my roof top garden...
Please help me and give your suggestions..

we need a lot more information.

where are you?

how much sunlight does it get?

what do you want, vegetables, fruits,
decorative shrubs, trees, vines, ...?

can the building support the weight?

how well is it drained?

how do you get things up there (and
back down again)?

what do you like?

songbird

Billy[_10_] 14-08-2013 09:45 PM

Gardening Tips

In article ,
thomaspoul wrote:

Hello members...
How are you all ???
I want some tips for enhancement of my roof top garden...
Please help me and give your suggestions...

I presume David Cameron hasn't shut down the libraries, that would be an
excellent place to begin.
-------

Unemployment is capitalism's way of getting you to plant a garden.
- Orson Scott Card
--
Palestinian Child Detained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg

Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 14-08-2013 10:58 PM

Gardening Tips

thomaspoul wrote:
Hello members...
How are you all ???
I want some tips for enhancement of my roof top garden...
Please help me and give your suggestions...

Perhaps if you took any notice of all the questions that you have been asked
about your previous posts (that you haven't answered) we would be able to
help you with this one.

In case you don't get it yet, you never supply enough information to allow a
sensible reply. We can only help those who make the effort to help
themselves.

David

Notat Home 15-08-2013 06:31 PM

Gardening Tips

thomaspoul wrote:
Hello members...
How are you all ???
I want some tips for enhancement of my roof top garden...
Please help me and give your suggestions...

One consideration is watering. Containers dry out quickly, so one must
water virtually every day. It's a good idea to have a water supply line
plumbed in, so you can use a little hose to water, rather than hauling
all that water by hand.