GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/208135-what-plant.html)

islayhawk 30-08-2013 10:34 PM

What plant

Hi anyone name this plant for me

David E. Ross[_2_] 31-08-2013 06:11 AM

What plant

On 8/30/13 2:34 PM, islayhawk wrote:
Hi anyone name this plant for me

'[image: http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc330/islayhawk/pink.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/qxy966o)

From the divided foliage and the seed pods resembling a crane's bill, it
appears to be some kind of Geranium (not Pelargonium, which is commonly
called "geranium", but actually in the genus Geranium). While many
Geraniums are desired landscape plants, they can also become invasive
weeds via seedlings.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

specialbeat 31-08-2013 09:20 PM

Hi there, I believe this to be a 'Malva Rosea'.
Hope this helps.
Steve (Specialbeat)

Farm1[_4_] 01-09-2013 08:08 AM

What plant

"David E. Ross" wrote in message
On 8/30/13 2:34 PM, islayhawk wrote:
Hi anyone name this plant for me

'[image: http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc330/islayhawk/pink.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/qxy966o)

From the divided foliage and the seed pods resembling a crane's bill, it
appears to be some kind of Geranium (not Pelargonium, which is commonly
called "geranium", but actually in the genus Geranium).

I too thought it was a cranesbill.

Pat Kiewicz[_2_] 04-09-2013 01:31 PM

What plant

specialbeat said:

Hi there, I believe this to be a 'Malva Rosea'.

No, it's a cranesbill (Geranium sp.) -- take a look at the long
projecting seed pods near the center of the photo, which explain
the common name.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

Jasper32 16-09-2013 06:10 PM

I don't have any idea what plant it is but i really like that one, i really like to have this plant in my garden.

brooklyn1 17-09-2013 12:36 AM

What plant

Jasper32.gardenbanana wrote:

I don't have any idea what plant it is but i really like that one, i
really like to have this plant in my garden.

I like Casper the Ghost plants too.